Thursday, March 3, 2011

Woot

Today was one of those days where you stare at your closet, and you think 'I have nothing to wear.'  And so you try everything on and nothing works.  So then you just settle on something because you can't spend all day playing dress up.  If you are a girl you know what I'm talking about.  So while I was doing my hair I stopped and thought, 'wow how lame am I?'  Here I am starring at a closet full of clothes complaining about having nothing to wear when there are children in Africa who have maybe two things to choose from; a ratty old shirt and pants or their school uniform.  We have so much to be thankful for! Don't ever take your life for granted.


Well I don't exactly have anything clever to say but as far as good news goes it was "warm" today in Rexburg which means it was above freezing!  Instead of icy, everything was wet and grass is starting to show!  Woot.


So long story short, a few weeks ago I met a lady, Trisha, at a ward's service project sewing reusable pad kits to send to Uganda in which they had me talk and help out.  So last night I babysat her kids and it was so much fun! I started babysitting when I was about eight and that continued until I was about seventeen.  I absolutely LOVE kids and it was so awesome to babysit again! All I can say is that I can't wait to have kids of my own : )  Anyways, I babysat the four youngest boys and besides the baby screaming for 25 minutes strait after the parents left, we had fun acting like cowboys, doing crafts, and dancing around the basement.  (By the way, the secret to kids is they can't cry forever, so you just have to be patient and wait it out.) Ah it was so good to be around kids again since I'm constantly surrounded by people my age.  The beauty of kids is that they don't pass judgement are full of innocence and curiosity.  


Well besides that, nothing terribly exciting has happened in the past 24-hours so I guess this is ta ta for now!




"'Someday I will' can be a thief of the opportunities of time and the blessings of eternity."  Do not rob yourself.


Much love,


Nichole

No comments:

Post a Comment