Monday, February 28, 2011

The last two weeks in 5 minutes...or less...depending on how fast you read!

Top of the evening to you all! 
(I don't know if it counts to say that unless it is the morning...)  
Well I apologize that I haven't posted anything in well over a week, not that anyone really cares but I will apologize anyways!  See this is exactly why I don't keep a journal because I have a hard time being consistent in writing.  But that is besides the point...

So lets start with Valentines.  Well because all of my room mates and I are single we decided to have a girls night and just enjoy ourselves.  We went to Ramirez (a Mexican restaurant) for dinner and ate ourselves sick.  Then we decided dessert was a must; therefore we drove to Broulim's and got peach pie, ice cream, and lots of Martineli's : )  We decided against a typical chic flick and watched Charlie St. Cloud instead.  When we got to our apartment we all slipped into comfy clothes, popped the pie in the oven, and began passing around the bubbly...well here's what followed...


For some reason we then decided to do our best impressions of being drunk... I'm kind of regretting this now...haha but nonetheless here are the pictures for your entertainment : )


Shayla's face is my favorite!! If looks could kill...

Yeah for Martineli's!
I feel a little embarrassed that I only have pictures of us drinking...

Then there was the long weekend!  Yeah for Utah, home sweet home : )  It was awesome spending time with my family and catching up with friends.  That Friday the Global Outreach Foundation had a super fun Valentine's dance fundraiser.  Thank you, thank you Kyle Longhurst and Danny Davis for DJ'ing the dance!!  And thank you to all that came and supported GOF! 

On Saturday we decided to go see a movie as a family and guess what we saw?

Justin Bieber! Haha yes I do admit I am a bit of a Bieber fan now but don't worry girls he's all your's...a little too young for me : )

Creepy stalker story.  Feel free to read or skip to more pictures further down : )

Well fast forward a few days to Tuesday the 22nd and you will find me studying in the library. While I was studying in a little cubicle, a guy sat down next to me and I just looked over and smiled...well it all went down hill from there...he started talking to me for about five minutes at which point I had to cut it off because I had a ton of homework.  For the next hour or two while I was there he would occasionally lean back to "stretch" and look at what I was working on.  Creepy right?  So then when he got up to leave I breathed a sigh of relief, but then out of no where he was standing next to me saying, "it was Nichole right?" Oh dear... at this point he proceeded to ask me for my number which I gave him because I felt bad saying no.  As much as I wasn't interested I gave him props for having the courage to ask.  But the story doesn't end there!  So then the next day after I was done studying for my test and was on my way to the testing center I happened to see him.  I panicked because I didn't know what to do so I whipped my phone out of my pocket and pretended to answer a call.  Lame, I know!  I quickly walked out of the library and pretended not to see him.  I hoped that being on the phone would deter him from trying to talk to me (which most well mannered people wouldn't try to talk to someone in the middle of a phone conversation, not him!)  During my "conversation" with my imaginary room mate, I said I was going to take a test and that I would join her at the game later. I continued to babble on about other things because I didn't want to get off the phone until I was safely inside the testing center.  When I got to the door I saw in the reflection that he was still behind me.  (For all of you not a BYU-I just know that the library and testing center aren't exactly next door neighbors, so he followed me quite a ways.)  I rushed up the stairs and got to the counter at which point I "hung up" the phone and gave my I-card to the clerk.  I thought there was no way he would actually follow me up to the counter when I was going to take a test.  But once again he proved me wrong!  Out of no where he was standing next to me waving to get my attention while I was trying to quickly get my materials and get in the testing room.  I was so flustered that when he asked me to have ice cream sundaes with him on Sunday I said that my FHE brothers had already invited my room mates and I over for dessert and games.  I know, its horrible that I lied and rather childish but I panicked!  Now I am forever paranoid to go in the library...I will keep you posted if anything else happens.  But out of curiosity and because you all must think I am a total loser now, what are you think about what happened?
Not my best week...

On Friday after my room mates and I went to a basket ball game or two, we came home and decided to make french toast.  Best midnight snack ever! The key is to put on lots of syrup and lots of powdered sugar and BAM you have heaven on a plate : )


At some point during the weekend we whipped out the whipped cream and had a little fun trying to catch it in our mouths.  Its all fun and games until someone gets it all over their face and shirt...

We love whipped cream!
Then we get to Sunday...well we had a little deja vu in our apartment. If you remember, the first time was a little something like this:




Lo and behold the toast I burned horribly.  Not only did I burn it to a crisp, but this time I set off the fire alarm!  So much for my attempts to have a delicious Italian dinner of salad, pasta with Alfredo, and...toast...




Disclaimer: dearest future husband, I promise I am a good cook and only burn things occasionally : )

Well I hope that gave you a good laugh!  Have a wonderful week everyone!  Find beauty in the simple things and refrain from judging others.  I leave you with two songs, one I discovered this week and the other an all time favorite!   






Much love,

Nichole

No comments:

Post a Comment