Monday, January 24, 2011

The Girl Effect: The Clock is Ticking

Hey everybody!  I hope you enjoyed my last post and got a good laugh out of it : ) 

Well in my developing world class we have been assigned groups and each group chooses a country they will focus on for the semester.  My group picked Kenya (of course) and I have LOVED every minute learning more about beautiful Kenya.  At the same time, it it hard to once again see the struggles that people in Kenya deal with everyday.  This is a video I saw a few weeks ago and it's something that is often on my mind.  It is truly an eye-opener and a video worth sharing with others.  I remember the strong, beautiful, and promising girls I met in Kenya and hope that I can do my part to make sure these girls won't ever have the same fate as many girls before them. 

Yours truly ~Nichole

No comments:

Post a Comment